Adventures in Wander-land - Mozambique and Honduras

My year in Mozambique and Honduras

Tegucigalpa

Tegucigalpa

Wednesday 1 February 2012

My new venture...

My new venture is case making; camera, phone, iPod, laptop etc. cases. I was taught by one of the girls at work, and now, as well as being able to teach some of the other children, hopefully I can sell some at home to raise funds for the Foundation. You'd think it would be a fairly safe hobby...not so; I have multiple needle stab wounds!

These pictures show my progression...

 The first attempt...I learnt yesterday
 I'm going to add a button and Velcro tomorrow
The progression to Velcro and buttons - I made these today; the dark blue case is a camera case for Josh and the light blue case is an iPhone case for Louis. One of the doctors taught me how to sew on the Velcro and the buttons properly. This is the bit that took me ages; they look simple but they took me 2 hours!

One of the mum's on the ward makes amazing tassled cases and the Foundation has a huge variety of buttons, sequins and other decorations. I may try to embroider letters too. Get your orders in now...

No comments:

Post a Comment