Adventures in Wander-land - Mozambique and Honduras

My year in Mozambique and Honduras

Tegucigalpa

Tegucigalpa

Wednesday 24 August 2011

A good day...

Yesterday was a good day and deserves a blog all of its own.

It started with a lie in, a hot shower, fresh bread and the best seat on the chappa. Sonia, who was 4 hours late to meet me on Friday, was then, amazingly, early. According to the other volunteers, this has never happened...I think it was perhaps down to some slightly passive aggressive texts on my part. I then finally got to visit my original project, ACCORD. Everyone in the office was lovely but I'm not sure how I feel about it as it seems as if I will be in the office teaching English to the staff and translating, as opposed to actually working with any of the young people but we shall see. I then had a day with not much to do so Nick took me to get a burger. This burger came from a hole in a wall, down a small alleyway (a burger, cheese, chips, an egg and salad in a bun for about 1 pound) and it was eaten overlooking the sea. We then met Jan and Nastasia and we all had a 4 hour chauffeur driven tour of Maputo (thanks Nick) on the hunt for headphones and a diary. Headphones were easy, the diary not so. After 7 shops and nearly giving up, I found one in the last supermarket we went to. Happy days! I really wanted one! I don't think Mozambicans understand the need for diaries and planning as a whole most of the time. I think the woman thought I was slightly mad, as I was so happy to have found one, and asked me if I wanted to buy 2! To be honest, I think Nick, Jan and Nastasia all thought I was slightly odd too. Then, finally, to top it off, Chris gave us his external hard drive so now Nastasia and I have enough films to have film Saturday and Sunday! A good day all round!

I have now come to the conclusion, if I can get Sonia to arrive early and find a diary for 2011 in Maputo...I can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment