Adventures in Wander-land - Mozambique and Honduras

My year in Mozambique and Honduras

Tegucigalpa

Tegucigalpa

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Endings are all about beginnings...

I wrote my last blog on the 14th September and in the 8 or so weeks since then, all this has happened (some is sure to be missing, my memory is terrible!:

  • Nick’s despedida – such a great night! I think it did Nick's 10 months in Mozambique justice, well at least the final 4, when he met the majority of the people who contributed to his ruin.
  • Travelling adventures with Matteus ‘Justin Bieber’ Pooley – Vilanculos, Bazaruto Archipelago, snorkelling, discovering Matteus’s fear of coral and sand dunes, Tofo, working in a juice bar and being offered the position of manager after 2 nights, breaking a camera, being given a 'second hand' camera in order to stop me moaning, 25p shots of Tequila, not making it to the other places we wanted to visit, Matt being cautioned for causing a public disturbance....
  • My last week in Mozambique – Posh Nosh, the Hash’s Christmas party –being mistaken for Chris’s wife! My last days at work - saying goodbye to my children was heartbreaking, but I left them in the capable hands of Marianne, for 6 weeks at least, raiding the art markets and Xip Xip, saying goodbye to Vovo and all my wonderful friends, highly considering not going home - I must have gained enough credits over the years to make up some kind of degree! 
  • My despedida – such a lovely evening with lots of friends, bar Forrest and Eddie who were under house arrest and Nick who left too soon, and lots of rum.
  • Crashing back to cold English reality – in the space of 12 hours I went from 39 degrees to 10! But amazing to see Mum, Dad and Ele! 
  • Trying desperately to get into the Christmas spirit! This was not helped by dodgy Christmas songs...'Santa Buddy', must try harder Michael!
  • Making a spectacular return to Nottingham and spending all of 15 minutes in Ocean!
  • Doing the rounds in London – thank you for hosting me, Katie, Em, Sara and Daisy!
  • Finally seeing where my very grown up little sister works and witnessing James Middleton come in for a pre-holiday back wax.
  • Christmas – one of the best so far, perhaps ever. Grandma stood us up, Dad dropped the turkey! The presents, the food and the TV were great, what more do you need?
  • The lack of B-Day was a low point. It better not happen again next year!
  • Dicky’s birthday and another spectacular return, this time to Timepiece.
  • New Year’s Eve – a year 9 house party essentially, but with a grown up meal in an attempt to disguise it, resulting in a severe outbreak of ‘food poisoning’ that left Hannah “too hungover for Botox”.
  • A week of preparations – my last minute attempts to get ready for Honduras!

And finally, off to Honduras....

No comments:

Post a Comment